Everything Surprises You
The whole reason for this post was that I was going about my daily business a couple days ago and I had planned out my summer. Here's a rough outline of what I thought I was going to do:
- Run the camp for younger children that I did last year. It's an arts camp that I'm in charge of for kids that teaches them acting, singing, dancing, and creativity. That would be for a week.
- Celebrate the 4th of July! Maybe go away some where with my family, chilling on the coast. Maybe just stay at home and watch fireworks.
- Go to Europe. This year my parents decided that they would finally take my sister and I to Europe over the summer. That will go for around 2.5 weeks, and we'll hit London and Paris.
- Go to sleep away camp. I went to this awesome sleep away camp last year and the year before, and I really enjoyed it. Two weeks of insane homesickness, drama, and living without electronics, but somehow I'm always sad to leave the place at the end of my time there.
- Go to visit family. My family lives across the country, and we visit them every summer. My dad's side of the family all live in one place. It's pretty convenient.
Go with the flow
I guess I'm going to have to simply go with the flow. I'm already realizing that you can't plan out every single second of your life (even though I like to try). Sometimes, the things that aren't planned are the best. When I attend a party that's planned out, it's sometimes not nearly as fun as one where we all just hang out and improvise games and activities.
So, as part of my New Year's Resolutions, I'm going to add living day by day. Because really, I find that if I don't know what's going to happen, I can let loose and just let the day take me where it may by living day by day.
So, does anyone want to hear about New Year's Resolutions? Cast your vote, and if the majority says yes, the next post will be centered around that.